Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sweet Potatoes with Spicy Black Bean Chili

You guys are going to love me for this one. It is quite possible the easiest, healthiest, yummiest meals I have ever made.

Ingredients:

4 medium (or 2 large) sweet potatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can Mexican-style tomatoes (diced or stewed) with jalapeƱos and spices, undrained
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin or cayenne pepper

Heat oven to 400. Pierce potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake 50 to 60 minutes (more if the potatoes are larger) or until tender.

While potatoes are baking, put beans, tomatoes and spices in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium low. cook uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.

Split potatoes and mash slightly. Top each potato with chili mixture and, if desired, sour cream.

2 comments:

Macie said...

Hey! I made this the other day and was going to post it. Great minds think alike I guess!

Janessa said...

I finally made this and it is sooooo good! I like the chili by itself, too :)