Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits

I love the McDonald's version but I'm sure it's not the healthiest breakfast option, so I make them at home myself. I know it's a basic recipe, but I found some really yummy and affordable brands I thought I'd share:

Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
1 cup Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt (it's about $2.25 for 2 pounds at WalMart and it's only 60 calories per serving!)
1 cup fresh berries (I like a mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
1/2 cup Sunbelt Oats & Honey Organic Granola (about $2.75 for a box and delicious...not to mention organic)

Layer 2/3 of the yogurt, then all berries, remaining yogurt and finally granola in a bowl.

1 comment:

Jessie Evans said...

This is one of my favorite favorite foods to eat. Thanks for the great tips on brands/prices.