Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Honey-Ginger Glazed Tilapia

Sorry I keep posting so much but we've tried a few new recipes this week and they've been so yummy I had to share!

3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. grated ginger root (I just sprinkle in some ground ginger)
2 tsp. minced or pressed garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
4-6 4 oz. tilapia filets

Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and olive oil. Marinate fish in the mixture for 20 minutes to 1 hour. While marinating make the dipping sauce (below). Broil or bake fish until it flakes easily.

Dipping sauce:

6 oz. plain greek yogurt (I used sour cream because I ran out of yogurt. I bet the yogurt would have better flavor but the sour cream was tasty too.)
1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp. grated ginger root (again, I just sprinkled in some ground ginger)
1 1/2-2 tsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
1-2 tsp. cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of 1 small lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
1 tsp. lime zest
sriracha sauce to taste (I skipped this)
1/4- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt


No comments: