Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Seeds


I confess, I love fall. I love the change in the air. The trees, the smells ... but most of all, the food. For me, roasted pumpkin seeds are at the top of my "favorite fall foods" list. Because I love them so much, I bought two pumpkins today just for the seeds and they are in my oven right now, toasting to perfection. This is how I made them ...

Cut the pumpkin up, getting the seeds out however you can. Separate them from the yucky innards and put them in a collander. Rinse them off then put them on a cookie sheet to dry. This could take hours or even overnight. It's worth the wait though. Then, coat them in olive oil and add the seasoning of choice. I did half salt and half seasoning salt. Really, the world is your oyster on this one. You could use garlic powder, salt and sugar, sugar and cinnamon, butter, brown sugar .... the sky's the limit!

Anyway, after you've coated them in your desired seasoning, place them in the oven at 250 degrees for about an hour. Then, enjoy!

No comments: