Friday, March 21, 2008

Salmon

I have been playing around with ways to make salmon. As S has requested we eat salmon twice a week, here are a few of my findings.

Option one:

2 salmon steaks

Put about 2 cups water, 1 tbsp white vinegar, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook fish until salmon flakes with fork. About 8-10 minutes. ( I also add a little lemon juice)

Option two:

1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Mix all of the above and pour over salmon. Bake at 350 for juices til juices run clear. (I usually do 2 salmon fillets ( I buy the costco frozen pre-cut stuff) and it usually takes about 13 minutes when thawed)

Dipping Sauce:

1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp bon apetite
1 Tbsp dill weed
2 Tbsp chopped onion

chill before serving.

No comments: